Mr. Yahayah Siedu, a student at the Mampong Campus of the University of Education, Winneba has declared his intention to contest for the position of the National President of the National Union of Ghana Student.
Speaking in an interview with Awake News, Mr. Yahayah Seidu said he has all it takes to break the current disunity with the main student
“NUGS for some years now have seen a tremendous level of disunity which is making it difficult to discharge its core mandate as a body. It has gotten to a point where the union is now headed by two presidents” – He revealed.
For him, NUGS which is a student front created with the sole aim of seeking the welfare of Ghanian students had deviated from its core objective. This he said is not the best way forward.
According to him, “Name’s of Frontline politicians today can be mentioned about how they foot to achieve this core mandate of NUGS in their tenure as president”
But “Today, the same cannot be said about the union” – he bemoans the state of disunity at the front of NUGS
Mr. Seidu said “In view of this disunity in the union, it proper to chose a leader who is experienced, competent, courageous, hardworking to regain the past glories of NUGS”
The above is what he said he has that will help NUGS back on its track if given the mandate.
“I believe that with the kind of experience and competence that I have achieved through the many positions a have held both in school and outside the school, NUGS Will realize it lost mandate again” – he emphasized
Brief Profile of Seidu Yahayah:
1. school prefect Kofiase JHS (1996-1997)
2. House five Hall president Mampong technical teacher’s college of education (2004-2005)
3. local NUGS president university of education Winneba Mampong (2017/18)
4. General assembly member, local assembly member, executive committee member, finance committee member.
5. steering committee vice chairman NUGS
- for the first time since the inception of Cagric, a radio station has been set up by the 2017/18 SRC for which I was an executive committee member and a finance committee member.
- Again for first-time student’s who are enrolled on student loan increased tremendously due to policies put in place which enables them to access the money quickly.
- There has been a prolonged disunity between the SRC and the NUGS Secretariat. during my tenure, I went the extra mile to ensure that there is absolute peace between the SRC Secretariat and the NUGS Secretariat.
During my tenure for the first time, I instituted the NUGS excellent awards for deserving students.
My vision and mission
- To ensure peace in NUGS
- To ensure that Student’s have a say in government educational policies.
- To ensure that the lost glories of NUGS are regained.
Source: AwakeNewsOnline.com | Efo Korsi Senyo