Deadline: 16 July 2017
The LEAP Africa in partnership with Union Bank has developed the Social Innovators Programme 2017 to strengthen and advance youth-led change initiatives and entrepreneurship in Nigeria through training and collaborative partnerships that enhance the sustainability and overall impact of these change initiatives.
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) is a one-year fellowship which supports talented young social innovators – youth change-makers – whose ideas and initiatives offer effective and creative solutions to the challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Their initiatives cover many aspects of society, such as Agriculture, Business and Economic Development, Education, Science and Technology, Health, Law and Human Rights, among others.
- LEAP observed that the contributions of Nigerian towards national transformation were unrecognized, while negative reports of youth restiveness and crimes were widespread in local and foreign media.
- Increased interest of youth in social innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Lack of requisite skills to support to establish effective and sustainable initiatives that can help accelerate the transformation of local communities and create means of livelihood for many.
- Inadequate system support for young social innovators in Nigeria.
- Access to professional level advisory from A-list consultants, investors and professionals that will help applicants create a profitable and sustainable structure for their business.
- Applicants transform their business into an impact driven solution following a one-year Fellowship.
- Access to LEAP partners, funders and life long support for growth and sustainability.
Applicants can get a chance to win #1,000,000 for their enterprise at the Social Innovators Programme and Awards in 2018.
- Youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Co-founders of the named project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation.
- Social enterprise must be contributing positively to the lives of people in their local communities.
- Social enterprise must be located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of work done and impact beyond 12 months prior to application.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Nigeria
For more information, please visit Social Innovators Programme.