Head of Awake Investigates, Efo Korsi Senyo has petitioned the Minister of Education, Hon. Dr. Mathew Opoku Prempeh to institute an urgent investigations into the activities of the Principal, Bursar and other officers of the Dambai College of Education in the Volta Region.
“I pray your high office as a matter of urgency to interdict and institute a thorough investigation into the activities of Mr. Musah Yamba Issahaku, Principal of Dambai College of Education and the former Bursar of the College Mr. Sebastian Sokah (who is about to transfer to the Greater Accra Region).” – the petition said.
The petition continues “I led a team to commence investigation into the activities of the Principal and his officers after a tip off of alleged financial misappropriations, intimidation and abuse of power.
During our investigations, we discovered:
- An internal audit report 2015 that indicted Mr. Issahaku Yambah [the Principal] and Mr. Sokah [the bursar]
- An auditor general report [of the same period] exonerating Mr. Issahaku Yambah and Mr. Sokah
- The principal’s action has allegedly caused a transfer of a teacher Mr. Totime which has made him not teach for the period of 3years, yet taking salary and the case still pending in court.
- A teacher, Mr. Anthony Ameworwor has been barred from teaching this subject yet he takes his salary for the past 3 years
- A procurement committee awarded a contract to GH¢90,000.00 over GH¢70,000.00 which both met all procurement requirements and product certifications
- Students of Dambai College of Education have been paying between GH¢60.00 – GH¢39 for internet without enjoying the service
- The Vice Principal, Madam Veronica Kluyibor who is supposed to have gone on retirement in 2015 is still at post aided by an alleged birth certificate forgery
- As at today, , students of the Dambai College of Education had not received their feeding grant
- As at today, , the immediate past students of the Dambai College of Education had not received their feeding grant
- While the college council has been dissolved, the Principal allegedly constituted an interview panel chaired by the old council chairman to vet new recruits
- Library fees paid by students do not reflect the condition and standard of the library
- All the above has been brought to the attention of the National Council for Tertiary Education”
Efo Korsi Senyo also stated in the petition that there is the need for the minister to establish these facts which was beyond the reach of the Awake Investigates team as of the time of the petition:
- Based on the conflicting reports from the internal auditor and auditor general, there is the need to investigate the circumstances leading to both reports of the same period pointing to different directions.
- There is the need to interrogate both the internal auditor, the three auditors from the auditor general department and to reconcile the books at the College
- There is the need to know the circumstances leading to GH¢90,000 winning a bid over GH¢70,000 and if there has been any value for money in the above contract
- There is the need to find out why Mr. Ameworwor has not been teaching yet receiving his salary which amounts to financial loss to the state
- There is the need to know the outcome of the 2year old CHRAJ investigations into some whistleblowers complaints filed at the commission
Speaking to Awake News’ Britney Brown, Efo Korsi Senyo hinted he will be responding to a report published in the July 13, 2017 of The Chronicle Newspaper filed by the newspaper’s Volta Regional Correspondent, Mr. Samuel Agbewode and some radio interviews granted where the Mr. Mush, Principal of Dambai College of Education has accused Awake publishing false stories about his college.