Home / Sports / Boxing / Dogboe takes on Otake in first title defence on August 25

Dogboe takes on Otake in first title defence on August 25

Dogboe, Boxer

WBO Super Bantamweight champion, Isaac “The Royal Storm” Dogboe will face Japanese boxer, Hidenori Otake, on August 25 in his first title defence.

Dogboe won the belt from Jessie Magdelano in April and per the rules of the sport, he has to make a mandatory challenge within a specified amount of time.

The bout with Otake was confirmed by the boxer on Tuesday via his Twitter handle.

Earlier in May, Team Dogboe, through manager, Ellis Quarshigah, confirmed to Citi Sports that the date of August 25 had been agreed on but the identity of the challenger had to be kept under wraps as of then.

 

Otake, 37, is from Tokyo, Japan and he has a fight record of 36 bouts with 31 victories, 2 draws and 3 losses.

He has lost since 2015 putting together 9 wins between then and now.

The bout will be live on ESPN as confirmed by Dogboe himself.

 

Source: citinewsroom.com

 

About Priscilla Donkor | Reporter

Check Also

Banku Dumps NDC; says he will no longer campaign

Popular Ghanian boxer, Briamah Kamoko, popularly known as Bukom Banku says he will no longer …