Developed in partnership with Men’s Health Foundation Ghana, the National Peak body of prostate cancer and Ghana’s leading charity working with men living with prostate cancer. This noncredit certificate course delivered over 3 days period aims to provide an in-depth insight into the current knowledge and evidence-based findings on prostate cancer and its management in the holistic and conventional community.
Prostate cancer is a multi-faceted disease, and there are various effective types of cancer treatment. Conventional approaches such as chemotherapy and radiation should not be used continually because of their high toxicity. The side effects of these treatments, such as immune suppression and secondary malnutrition, may worsen the prognosis as cancer cells can then grow rapidly. This opens the door to an abundant field of alternative, holistic and integrative prostate cancer treatment options.
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries have failed to produce more than a handful of useful therapies for prostate cancer, however, many people still assume that the only options for treating cancer are the mainstream therapies of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
Fortunately, we now have research on how prostate cancer cells work and propagate, as well as what can be done in the integrative medicine setting to interfere with this disease process. At Nyarkotey College of Holistic Medicine, we will learn about your body, your medical, genetic, and environmental history, and guide you to the most effective cancer treatments for your prostate.
- Understanding the Prostate
- Prostatic Conditions(BPH or prostate enlargement, Prostatitis, Congested Prostate etc)
- Understanding Prostate Cancer
- Prostate cancer in black men
- Biology, Incidence, and Risk Factors for Prostate Cancer
- How Prostate Cancer is Found, Diagnosed, and Staged
- Conventional Treatment: How Localized Prostate Cancer is Treated, Treatment of Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Proper evaluation of prostate cancer patient
- PSA controversy and how it is best used
- Recognize how and when integrative practitioner should refer to urologist or oncologist
- Evidence on prostate cancer care using Holistic/ Natural Medicine/Nutritional Medicine
- Develop organized and customized treatment plan for different stages of prostate cancer
Lecturer: Dr. Raphael Nyarkotey Obu: PhD (A.M), Post, MSc, Mini-MBA, BA, Dip
Dr. Raphael Nyarkotey Obu is a recognized authority in the co-management of benign and malignant prostate conditions with natural and lifestyle interventions. Dr. Nyarkotey is the founder and director of the RNG Prostate cancer & Natural Medicine Research lab), a center of excellence in research and integrative treatments for urologic conditions. Dr. Nyarkotey is also a research professor of Prostate cancer & Holistic Medicine at Da Vinci College of Holistic Medicine, Larnaca city, Cyprus. Dr. Nyarkotey is an avid writer in medical journals, newspapers, and is the author of the Book ‘what everyman must know before & after 40 years-Prostate Health and frequently mentioned by Oheneba Ntim Barimah on Oman FM as one of the most brilliant prostate cancer holistic Doctors in Ghana.
Certificate to be awarded
Certificate of completion will be awarded after the 3 days program in prostate cancer.
Start Dates: 17th -19th September 2018(Kumasi Campus)of Nyarkotey University College of Holistic Medicine, South Suntreso(Tiens Office)
24th -26thSeptember 2018 (Tema Campus) near Post Office of Nyarkotey College of Holistic Medicine
Early Bird Registration before 10 September: 500 cedis
Late Bird Registration: 600 Cedis
Call : 0541090045 for enquiries.