The Awake Africa Magazine, Senyo Global with their partners are organizing the first Africa Herbal & Alternative Medicine Awards (AHAM Awards) https://awakeafrica.com/aham-awards to highlight and celebrate professionals, academics, entrepreneurs and initiatives from across Africa who have proven that, antibiotics and chemicals, are not the only solutions when maintaining one’s health.
In an interview with Awake News, Mr. Senyo, indicated as consumers within the healthcare market, become increasingly conscious of the potential side effects of traditional medicines, they will turn to holistic health services and alternative medicines available to them.
“Awake Africa Magazine and Senyo Global, we pride ourselves on the fact that every one of our winners can truly rest assured that their recognition is deserved, as we carefully scrutinize everything from a nominee’s region to their performance over the past 12 months, analyzing the deal in detail and utilizing our wealth of experience to ensure that we only choose the most deserving firms to win one of these prestigious accolades,” he revealed.
He stated that, once nominee’s win is confirmed, he feels the nominee should be able to showcase it.
He further stated that “As such, we work with all of our nominees and winners to promote their success throughout the corporate landscape, making sure that they gain maximum exposure and really benefit from their win, reaching their target audience and sharing their success.
For this to be a true representation of the best of the best from across this dynamic and growing space, we need your support”.
Mr. Senyo said nominations are welcomed from all walks of life, citing Acupuncture to Aromatherapy, and Yoga and any practice, professional or product which one believe deserves to be showcased in this programme.
- Candidates are eligible to nominate themselves or their institution
- Candidates must have completed the nomination form before the Closing Date, February 16, 2018
- Candidates must submit their full profile as is going to form the basis for vetting their nominations
- A five-member jury will be set to determine 65 percent of score ranging from interviews, visit candidate’s facility, review of articles and research papers, reviews of profiles submitted
- 35percent of the score shall be determined by the public online voting
- Winners will be given plagues, citation and medals
- Profile of winners will be published online viaawakeafrica.comand in Africa Magazine and Awake Newspaper
- Winners will be given one month online adverts and publicity viaawakeafrica.comand in Awake Newspaper
- Winners who do not have websites will be given a 10page, 1year hosting, 10 emails professionally developed website from SenyoGlobal
Awards Terms & Conditions
- The nominee must be practicing in the role they are being nominated for at the time of nomination.
- The nominee must provide the top three reasons why you feel this person deserves to receive this award, with supporting evidence and referees if possible
- All submissions must support the criteria.
- Entrants who breach any of these conditions of entry or provide any false or materially incomplete information are subject to disqualification.
- There is no cost to enter the Awards.
- Applicants who have received any financial or in-kind sponsorship or support from any corporation or organisation in relation to their entry must declare all details and any potential conflict of interest.
- Entries must be submitted electronically.
- The judging panel for the Awards will have complete discretion in assessing entries, applying the judging criteria, conditions of entry and determining the award.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging panel reserves the right not to allocate an award where, in its opinion, there is no entry of sufficient merit.
- By entering the Awards, each entrant warrants that all information in its entry is true, accurate and complete Entrants may be requested to provide further evidence to substantiate their claims and, if so required, such evidence must be provided within the stipulated timeframe.
- Winning an award does not signify endorsement of a particular product or a particular health and wellbeing practice/business by the Administrator.
- Entrants authorise the Administrator to use the information contained in entries (other than confidential information) for any purpose it sees fit including (but not limited to) promotional, publicity and marketing purposes. No compensation or other payment will be payable to the finalists or winners for using the material submitted.
- The Administrator and their staff and agents do not accept any liability, however arising (including liability for negligence) for any accident, loss, injury or damage arising at any time out of or in connection with the Awards except for any liability that cannot, by law, be excluded.
- Entrants acknowledge that they may be required for presentations and media interviews during 2018 in respect of their entry and agree to take all reasonable steps to make themselves available for, and actively participate in, such presentations or media interviews.
- By submitting an entry, entrants are taken to have acknowledged and accepted the terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The judging panel will consist of a diverse group of leading and influential professionals in their field of expertise. The judging panel will not receive any monetary funds and will undertake their role and responsibilities objectively and ethically.